Peloton Grows Hardware Portfolio in Canada with Official Launch of Peloton Row
In National Survey, More Than 50% of Canadians Express Interest in Indoor Rowing
Row Now On Sale in Current Peloton Delivery Markets
NEW YORK, October 24, 2023 -- Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON) announced today Peloton Row is now available for purchase in Canada via Peloton stores across the country or online at www.onepeloton.ca/row. A recent Peloton survey of more than 2,200 Canadians revealed 52% of Canadians have an interest in using indoor rowing machines for exercise, supporting the company’s addition of Peloton Row to the existing portfolio of Peloton equipment in Canada, including Peloton Bike, Bike+, Guide and Tread.
“Our recent research shows 1 in 3 of the Canadians surveyed are interested in self-guided, shorter workouts,” said Manu Seigner, Peloton’s General Manager, International. “As we head into the holiday season, the need for this option becomes more important, as it is even harder to prioritize your fitness routine. For those short on time and in need of an efficient workout, Peloton Row works 86% of your muscles in as little as 15 minutes. Peloton works to meet Members where they are anytime, anywhere with fitness options that meet their needs.”
Peloton Row combines the innovative software, premium hardware design, and exclusive content that make up the signature Peloton experience with a unique low-impact, full-body cardio and strength workout. Made for anyone, anytime, Row offers features and content for all levels from beginner to advanced-rowers, including: Instructed Row; Row Bootcamp, offering cardio classes interspersed with off-Row strength movements; Scenic Row; and Just Row, for Members interested in creating their own fitness experience without instruction. Beginner-friendly content options include Form & Drills classes and You Can Row, an introductory 3-week program for beginners to learn the basics and gain confidence.
Peloton Row is available for an introductory offer price of $3,370 CAD including delivery and set-up until January 9, 2024. After the introductory offer period, Peloton Row will be available at $3,845 CAD. Financing options for Peloton Row are available through Affirm.
Peloton Row's key features include:
- Form Assist: Individually calibrated, on-screen feedback highlights areas for improvement in real time so Members can adjust their form and strengthen their stroke as they row.
- Form Rating and Insights: Post-class analytics and insights measure performance and progress over time. Members receive a detailed breakdown and rating of form and metrics after each class to help them optimize their rowing technique.
- Personal Pace Targets: Customizable pace targets contextualize instructors' cues to help Members gauge how much intensity is needed at every interval to stay on track. Allows rowers of all experience levels to feel challenged and welcomed to the workout.
- 8" HD Swivel Screen: Swivel screen pivots 45 degrees to bring the studio energy into the home and seamlessly move from Peloton Row to floor-based content, including Row Bootcamp and Strength.
- Electronically-Controlled Resistance: Each stroke is frictionless and near-silent so workouts won't disrupt the household.
- Vertical Stowability: Safe, sleek, and seamless storage with an included upright wall anchor to allow Peloton Row to work for all spaces.
- New Content and Instructors for All Levels: Expert instructors Matt Wilpers, Adrian Williams, Ash Pryor, Alex Karwoski and Katie Wang lead class formats such as Instructed Row, Row Bootcamp, Guided Scenic and Live classes. Their diverse skill sets ensure Members have a variety of levels and teaching styles to choose from.
The Peloton Row is now available in all Canadian regions to which Peloton currently delivers. More information can be found at www.onepeloton.ca/row.
Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON), provides Members with expert instruction, and world class content to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton brings together immersive classes, cutting-edge technology and hardware, and the Peloton App with multiple tiers to personalize the Peloton experience [with or without equipment]. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has millions of Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Austria. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
The survey was conducted by Mosaic in October 2023, among a sample of 2,200 Canadians across Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island.